1 Pack = 1 Vaccine

Today's post is somewhat more serious in tone than previous posts, and doesn't particularly look at one specific advert, but instead the effects of an advertising campaign.

I attended a very interesting presentation today by Saatchi & Saatchi in which the Managing Director of Saatchi & Saatchi X talked about, and showed us, some of the agency's most influential campaigns, prior to discussing their upcoming graduate scheme. The campaign that really stuck out for me was the 1 Pack = 1 Vaccine campaign where Pampers and Unicef teamed up in 2009 to ensure that for every pack of Pampers sold, one vaccine would be administered to a child or pregnant mother with tetanus. Now I know it's quite an old campaign, but it was the first time I have come across it and just thought it was really effective. I wish more people in the world could be helped as a result of something as simple as buying a pack of nappies.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment