Why'd You Do It, Brown Bear?


Keeping to the theme of celebrity endorsements - I just turned on e4 and wouldn't have, even in a million years, expected to see this advert! As an avid fan of Scrubs, I have little to say but "Why Donald Faison, WHY?"

I was equally as shocked that this advert is being used in the UK to promote the Sims, as usually terrible adverts like this only ever air in the US, or at least it appears that way. I can't quite figure out if it's meant to be tongue in cheek, or whether it's just an ad that went horribly, horribly wrong! I wonder what everyone else thinks. Is he meant to be playing his character Turk or himself? I really don't know!

I've always associated Sims with younger children - as in those not old enough to watch Scrubs, so I really don't see the connection here. Perhaps i'm just completely missing the point. Actually, I've just watched it again and apparently this game is targeted at teens, so perhaps knowing that Donald Faison likes to role play, like many a geek out there, may indeed rake in the thousands to buy this game.. ?

Let's just hope this isn't the beginning of the end for Donald Faison, as has happened to many a celebrity after appearing in painful, painful adverts.. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment