Coca-Cola Makes The World Go Round. . .


My goodness, it's been a while since I last posted! Far far too much university work - less than two months until I finish my degree, how scary! 

Anyhoo, I've managed to finally find some time to post an advert I found whilst clearing my memory card for my camera - I think this advert is brilliant! As you can see from the video clip, it was an advert that I believe was exclusive to Piccadilly Circus, made by Coca-Cola. I was lucky enough to see this during my week of being a tourist last Summer, during the time my friend from Japan came to visit. We just happened to notice it earlier on in the day and I decided to record it when we later returned to Piccadilly Circus in the evening as I loved it so much!

I don't have a whole lot to say apart from I think Coca-Cola have adapted this advert really well to the place it was being transmitted, by depicting the Coke bottles as tourists, riding London's double-decker buses and the London underground, directly connecting with the heightened level of tourists that visit London during the Summer months. At one point near the end of the advert, they have cleverly made good use of including a wide variety of languages on their Coke bottles, to further reach their target of tourists on a more personal level. The tagline for this advert is "Open Happiness", and I must say, although I'm not the biggest fan of Coke, this advert did indeed make me happy!

Overall, a very fun advert, and I'm really glad I got the chance to capture it, as it seems near impossible to find any reference to it on the world wide web! Hope you all enjoy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment